Florence County Sheriff’s Office
Authority granted under Chapter 59. 26-33, Chapter 165 and various other Wisconsin statutes
Agency Motto: A community resource.
Mission Statement: To be a valuable and effective resource for the people of Florence County.
Be responsive to our community needs.
Provide effective and efficient law enforcement services.
Work closely with local units of government.
Tasks needed to accomplish these goals:
Strong school programs including:
Officer- citizen cooperative efforts including:
- Drug and alcohol awareness programs.
- Mentoring programs.
- Conflict resolution education.
- Crime prevention efforts with students and staff.
- Maintain a close working relationship with Human Services and the School District of Florence County.
Provide effective and efficient Law enforcement services to include:
- Prompt and effective response to complaints.
- Management and conflict resolution in civil matters.
- Crime prevention efforts including business security surveys.
- Partnering in community programs and events.
- Sponsors or coaches for youth activity programs.
Work closely with local government
- High level of Honesty, Fairness and Home rule.
- Sound management practices including planning, organizing and supervision of staff.
- Develop well trained and responsible personnel.
- Effectively respond and resolve incidents in a timely manner.
- Properly document incidents to forward for prosecution or resolution of incidents.
- Manage the jail to insure constitutional standards and community safety are met.
- Provide effective 911 services including pre-arrival medical direction.
- Communication and coordination with units of government to resolve specific problems in the community.
- Conduct responsible planning and management of our agency.
- Provide Emergency management services to mitigate hazards and prepare for emergencies.
||Dan Miller - Sheriff
Fax: 715- 528-5350
Click here to email
||P.O. Box 678
Florence, WI 54121
||Open 24 hours a day, 365 days per year.